Guess what? It’s not too late to start that new year reset! Chinese New Year 2018, the Year of the Dog, is right around the corner- February 16th!
Last week, as part of my 2018 home series, I hosted an event that covered Feng Shui principles in the home and how to prepare your home for the Chinese New Year. Some of you were not able to make it but wanted to learn more so I thought I would send this out and post in my blog library, https://lindseyfriedmanhomes.com/blog/.
Tanya Jahnke guided the workshop and has been helping others create nourishing spaces for 21 years. She is an Advanced Feng Shui Consultant. http://www.fengshui4theom.com/. She notes, “Your home is a 3D vision board for your life and has the potential to tell your story through the space!” Ah, if these walls could talk….
So, what can you do to make your house into a good luck charm for prosperity, health, and joy in 2018?
Here are the tips that Tanya came up with.
Before midnight on February 15, 2018:
- Clean your home as if the most important house guest ever was coming!
- Clear dust, dirt, cobwebs by intentionally dusting, sweeping, and vacuuming
- Deal with petty annoyances. WD40 squeaky doors, clear out drawers, change lightbulbs, replace anything that is empty or broken
- Take out trash and recycling
- Clean out your wallet. Sage or clean your wallet, or invest in a new one!
- Go to the bank or ATM to fill your wallet with actual cash. Money magnetizes more wealth!
- Pay off or down and debt to set the intention for financial freedom.
- Move 27 things to shake up or transform your space and release old patterns.
- Buy a healthy green plant, orchid or fresh flowers to invite vitality, health and self-care in 2018.
- Add a bowl of satsumas or oranges to the dining room table. The color orange invokes joy and oranges symbolize perfect health and lots of money!
- Write your intentions for 2018 in red or purple ink (in present tense). Plant the pieces of paper in the soil of your plant or in your garden to “seed” your wishes.
- Make lots of noise! Play music, hang pots, sing, laugh or clap to lift the energy.
- Open up your doors and a few windows close to midnight to release the burdens and start fresh in the new year.
On New Year’s Day, February 16th (this day sets the tone for the rest of the year!)
- Speak kind words, share compliments, and spread love!
- Share a meal with friends or family. A full table, happy belly and overflowing heart signal bounty to the Universe, which only invites more of the same.
- Walk in nature to sync up with the natural rhythms and take time to appreciate the beautiful reminders of life and your potential.
- Buy or bake sweet treats. It is said eating something sweet on New Year’s Day ensures a sweet year ahead!
And finally, on New Year’s Day….please don’t
- Clean your house (twist my arm). It’s believed to sweep away blessings, luck and wealth
- Argue or be petty
- Look back or talk about the past
- Speak negatively, judge, or gossip
- Curse or use mean words
- Cry (yikes!)
I wish all of you a Happy New Year. It is my wish that you prosper, flourish, and grow in your homes and out in the world!